We plan to offer 4-5 in-person workshops of 4 hours each to be held at the Glen Cairn United Church, 140 Abbeyhill Drive, Kanata, and one online workshop to run during the winter months when the guild is meeting on Zoom.
- A flat non-refundable registration fee of $5 per participant for each in person workshop, making these activities accessible for a majority of our members.
- We hope to accommodate 20 members at each session (If a session proves to be popular it could be offered again)
- The guild will, within reason, fund some of the supplies needed to run the in-person workshops.
- We are looking for a variety of skills building projects which can be completed at the workshop.
Members are encouraged to submit proposals for workshops to the Workshop Coordinator.
How to Sign Up
- Members can sign up for Workshops about 2 months before the event by emailing the Workshop Coordinator. Please include your name, phone number and email address as well as which workshop you wish to attend in your email.
- Fees will be due within 2 weeks of registration and should be sent directly by e transfer to the Treasurer at email@example.com. Please indicate your name and workshop on your e transfer, in the memo field. A password is not required. If you need another payment method, please contact the Workshop Coordinator. You are not registered in the class until your fees are received. You can also mail a cheque to the address on the registration form.
- If you need to cancel your workshop, it is up to you to either sell your seat or find someone to take your place. Workshops are not refundable.
- The Workshop Coordinator will send you the information about the workshop and supply list when you sign up. If there is a change of venue, this will be communicated as soon as the decision is taken. In case of poor weather, please check with the school board websites to see if buses are running. If not, the workshop is canceled for that day and will be rescheduled or funds returned.
- If the workshop is full, a waiting list will be maintained.
- If the minimum number of participants is not achieved, the workshop will be cancelled 2 weeks before the event and all fees will be returned.
Notes For All Workshops
- Please ensure your sewing machine is in good working order. Bring an EXTENSION CORD and POWER BAR, as well as the power cord for the machine; extra needles for those “oops” moments; any special sewing machine feet needed for the class, as directed by instructor; supplies from the provided SUPPLY LIST.
- Unless otherwise stated, please bring a sewing kit, complete with scissors (for paper and fabric), rotary cutter and mat, ruler(s) thread, name tag, coffee mug and lunch or snack if applicable.
- Be sure to complete any preparation work required by the instructor ahead of time.
- Participants will assist with any set up required in the room, ie their own work table.